Grandata is looking for talented DevOps engineers to join our Infrastructure team in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
As a DevOps engineer you will be responsible for maintaining our core on-premises cluster of 30+ nodes that is in continuous expansion.
If you enjoy working on server provisioning and application deployment, coding scripts to automate all IT operations, resolving complex problems, dealing with a continuously growing infrastructure, working on a flexible and goal oriented environment, you will love this job!
- Work in a collaborative and multidisciplinary team of software engineers, data scientists, marketing and product owners
- Improve, maintain, provision and scale our core cluster of terabytes of data
- Guarantee high availability for all the services and products of the company
- Define and implement security policies to restrict accesses to our infrastructure and the data that resides there
- Be challenged every day with complex and unique problems
- Experience with hardware/software load balancers including F5, BigIP, HA Proxy, Nginx, Apache HTTP Server
- Solid experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, CFEngine, Juju, Rudder, Ansible, Salt
- Strong knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, TELNET, DHCP, SSH, FTP, SFTP, etc)
- Solid experience working and administrating Linux environments
- Experience automating IT processes using any scripting language (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools (Nagios, Zenoss, Zabbix, etc)
- Experience with server virtualization using VM or container tools (VirtualBox, VMware, QEMU, Docker, etc)
- Understanding of cryptography algorithms and experience with cryptography tools, i.e. GPG.
Nice to have
- Experience provisioning and maintaining Big Data infrastructure (HDFS, Hadoop, Spark, YARN, Hive, Zookeeper, Kafka, Atlas, Ranger, Zeppelin, etc)
- Experience with any Big Data platform distribution, ideally Hortonworks.
- Experience with cluster management tools (Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm)
- Experience with Kerberos authentication protocol
- Experience installing and maintaining Databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Intermediate English communication skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field
- The opportunity of working on projects involving cutting edge technologies
- The opportunity of presenting your work on different workshops
- The opportunity to find a subject for your thesis!
- Work-related travel opportunities
- Online or presential trainings according with your career plan
- An entrepreneurial and scientific environment with a competitive salary
- Coffee and a fridge full of drinks
- Performance-based annual bonus
- English classes at the office
- Free lunch all fridays
- Health insurance for you and your family
Vicente López, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Grandata is a San Francisco-based company that develops products that sit at the intersection of artificial intelligence, data, and privacy. The company operates in markets globally and has a development office in Argentina.
We create trusted universal data monetization platforms that maximize value for both individuals and companies.
Our advanced research in Human Dynamics (the application of "big data" to social relationships and human behavior) helps enterprise customers identify market trends and predict customer actions.
Our new blockchain-based, decentralized data marketplace, Wibson, enables individuals to securely and anonymously sell their validated private information in a trusted environment.